Trauma therapy can bring healing and growth into your life that you never thought possible. Trauma can be a stand-alone event or occur over a prolonged period of time. It can also be a set of enduring conditions, such as a constant feeling of being unsafe. If you've experienced trauma, you are not alone. You didn't deserve for this to happen to you. And we are here to help.
If you've gone through trauma, there are a few things you may be experiencing:
- Not knowing what it is or understanding if your experience is real or not
- Lack of trust in yourself
- Feeling scared of the world
- Feeling fearful all the time
- Constantly looking over your shoulder
- Not knowing why you feel the way you do
- Shame or self-blame
- These experiences are normal responses for someone who's gone through a traumatic experience.
It's even common for trauma survivors to completely dissociate from their bodies. Your body tries to protect you by turning your brain off to the traumatic event that occurred. This creates a disconnect between your body and mind. On the other hand, sometimes you become hypervigilant in the wake of a traumatic event. This is when your body goes into fight, flight, freeze, or friend mode. No matter what you're feeling or how you're currently responding to trauma, we're here to help you navigate through it. Seeking out trauma therapy is a monumental step towards healing, and we'd be honoured to work with you.